We welcome phones calls if you need more information
Alzimm is a Quality Pet, Companion, Hobby Kennel.
We retain the right to keep or hold back 1st pick male and/or 1st pick female from any litter, at any time, for any reason.
Rights are reserved, by Alzimm, to refuse to place a puppy at any time, with anyone, including at puppy pick up time, if we feel the puppy would not be going to the right home or right situation.
All Alzimm puppies are placed with new families, here on the grounds. Sire/Dame and our pack family are shown on puppy go home day.
Alzimm Kennels never knowingly places any puppy with Puppy Mills, Brokers, Retailers, Flippers or Transport Carriers.
Our Kennel, Home and Grounds are Security Monitored 24/7
Alzimm Kennels Reserve Policy Change as of July 3rd, 2022
Puppy Reserve fees are $100.00 each By Personal Check or Post Office money order.
Internet Transactions or Credit Card Deposits are Not available at this time.
Paid Deposits are subtracted from the total puppy price when At puppy go home time, under Contract.
Puppies are Reserved, in Pick Order, on a First Come-First Serve Basis, According to the date when the Puppy Request and Deposit were completed.
Placing a puppy reserve means that you have stopped looking and have chosen to get your puppy from us. We greatly appreciate this.
We must have the following information email and a phone call from before you can be placed on a Puppy Reserve list
1) A contact email (Alzimmkennels@gmail.com) with the Following information:
Phone Number (a good time to call you or when you plan to call)
( Restricted Phone Numbers will not be answered)
2) Texts are accepted to initially touch base with us.
We do not discuss puppy reserves, etc by text.
(Texts wanting a code number will be ignored)
3) Your Licensed Veterinarian's phone number
4) Litter and or Puppy you are interested in
Once a litter is born, you will be contacted by phone and/or email Puppy Reserve fees are None Refundable if you Cancel.
We will, apply the paid reserve fee to a future litter for
If we don't get confirmation within a short period of time, we will
go to the next person on the list.
If your requested puppy is not born from the expected litter, Your reserve fee will be placed on the next available litter. However, pick order and /or price may change.
About "KENNEL VISITS" Per our Veterinarian's advice, we do not encourage random kennel visits which raises the Parvo risks involved to our Pending Litters and young puppies. Families who want a healthy, Parvo-free puppy, understand this and do not mind the wait. We are not a Retail Store. We are a Hobby Kennel. Alzimm puppies are never placed in a new home, Sight unseen. Sires, Dames are Always shown when you pick up your puppy. There are no " Surprises" this way. Alzimm is proud to be a 100% Parvo and Cancer-Free kennel
We have realized, over the years that what is asked for in our contracts is the best possible chance for your puppy's good start and hopefully living longer.
All puppies are placed according to a signed, agreed to, Purchase Contract.
Puppy Purchase Prices are determined according to Litter.
Contract Details are gone over with you in person when you visit to take your new puppy home.
This allows us to personally help you with any questions that you may have and to insure a full understanding of your purchase.
Our Purchase Contract covers Cancer, Heart and Severe Hip Dysplasia from a Genetic or Congenital issue. ( Hip Injuries usually show up more in one hip and are not covered ) Death from a Heart or Cancer condition being from Genetic or Congenital issues is also covered.
Per Contract, Puppies are to be seen by your licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of puppy go home day.
Contract Coverage lasts until Puppy's 1st Birthday. We do welcome contact with us throughout your puppy's lifetime.
Puppies are not "chosen" until go home day by Reserve order. This allows for a far better match to your needs and for the Puppy's well being.
Cash only is required at puppy go home time
We arrange most of our pick up appointments on Saturdays or Sundays between 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm. AS POSSIBLE. Other days may be used as needed.
If you can not be here or take home puppy at your appointment time, You have the following options
1) Choose your puppy by phone and pictures from the ones available per your pick order
2) Change to a different, future litter.
3) Come on puppy pick day and choose your puppy and have us hold him/her until a day that you can take him/her home.
In fairness, we can not ask others, under you on the list, to change their pick up appointment time because you could not make it.
A 10.00 fee per day is charged for each day beyond puppy pick up day that we are asked to keep your puppy for you.
We do request that you do not visit other kennels, veterinarian offices, pet parks, pet stores the day of your puppy pick up and do not wear shoes/clothes that have been to the other places listed above. Children are always encouraged to visit with you.
However, we request that you leave your fur babies home as this is not the place or time to try to introduce them to your new baby properly.
1) Registration papers as Applicable
2) First vet visit, shots and parasite control record
3) Puppies are dewormed at approx. 2, 4 and 6 weeks of age.
4) Pedigree information (as needed)
5) An Alzimm Written Purchase Contract
6) Back up advice for puppy's lifetime
7) Nu Vet plus Sample
8) Puppy slip lead ( No need to bring a collar or leash)
9) Food samples
10) All the love, care and support that we possible can start them with.
Renney was born here from 2 excellent breeding dogs who to this day, have no health issues.
He is shown to the right being held by my grand daughter just before going home, happy and healthy.
He left here to go home at 12 weeks of age, having had 3 Licensed veterinarian exams, proper shots and being in good health.
4 weeks later, I received a phone call that Renney was in an emergency hospital showing possible signs of liver issues.
On talking with his owner, I was told he had been being fed 1/2 cup of food 2 times per day since she took him home. That was only 1 cup per day total !!!
(FYI: Our puppies here eat an average of 3-4 cups a day, in 3 feedings at that age and weight) I was also told he had been vomiting fluid which is a huge indicator of being severely underfed !
I became quite upset and told the owner that he was being starved and that the fluid was stomach bile from being over hungry. On top of that, I saw upon receipt of his medical records the following:
1) No diagnoses was made ( he had a SUSPECTED Liver issue)
2) He had been given a Rabies vaccine 10 days prior to the phone call by her veterinarian, which should have Never been done. It appears that he had Vaccinosis from the shot and from being underfed which can damage the liver permanently and mimic a Liver Shunt. This was confirmed by our Licensed veterinarian.
3) Per his veterinarian records provided to me, Renney had only gained 4 ounces in the 4 weeks she had him. This is totally unacceptable and I should have been notified there was a potential problem from the moment she saw one.
As a remedy, I asked for the puppy to be returned so I and my veterinarian could help him and watch how he went from there. I also offered her puppy money back or any puppy of her choice, even a higher priced one and tried to work with her on an amicable solution. All to NO Avail !!!
She demanded her money back, keep the puppy and for me to pay all vet bills. Now remember, she NEVER contacted me with any complaints of any issues until 4 weeks after Renney was taken home and was in the hospital.
Instead of working with me on Renney's best interest, she decided to try to publicly destroy this kennel, making illogical, unproven statements about the pack here and also by drawing her own conclusions as to my selling practices which were completely unsubstantiated. To purposefully try to destroy PROVEN Healthy breeding dogs and a kennel, with years of sacrifice and hard work, is very sad, to say the least. Things happen, Life is not perfect, No one can ever """Guarantee""" that something will not go wrong. But to make public false accusations and determinations based on incorrect statements and incomplete facts is an atrocity, especially when I tried to remedy the situation in a logical and fair way.
In almost 17 years of raising puppies, I have never had another case, like this one, which confirms it is not a genetic issue but is one of development, (per agreement by my veterinarian) I have the paperwork confirming all this.
This has caused a contract change with me being able to require a puppy to be returned should a dispute arise. I hope I never have to request one to be returned again.
Please research Vaccinosis and also what underfeeding a growing puppy can do.
Thank you for understanding,
1) Love and proper care are priority.
2) Feeds adults and puppies correctly using high quality foods, raw foods and healthy treats.
3) Adults and puppies are Licensed veterinarian checked along with proper de-worming, Safe parasite preventatives, appropriate shots
4) Houses Moms and Babies in Heated, Air conditioned Nursery rooms and Adults in spacious, clean, inside kennel with connected, outside runs 5) Provides a safe, fenced area for exercise and kennel protection
6) Refuses to ship any puppy or deliver a puppy anywhere.
7) Questions are encouraged anytime during puppy's life time
8) Makes sure all our breeding adults are Health approved for breeding by our highly qualified licensed veterinarian
9) Researches pedigrees for most suitable mating match and to prevent inbreeding.
10) Provides AKC Registration papers as applicable
11) Encourages spay/neuter at a proper, closer to mature age (at 18 to 24 Months of age) not young puppies.
11) Does not encourage visitors until puppies have had first shots and vet check
12) Invites visitors to see the Sire and Dame and their living areas when getting a puppy.
13) Breeds for puppies following suggested conformation guidelines, great temperaments and the best health possible.
14) Refuses to place a puppy in a home not deemed proper by us.
15) Flatly refuses to ever knowingly sell any puppy to a pet store, puppy mill, back yard breeder, flipper or broker
16) Keeps health and safety of adults and puppies first
17) Striving for quality family pets, while producing puppies with a diversity of potential.
18) Never farms females out under the guise of "fostering" to USE them for our breeding, benefit at a later date when convenient.